eScope Solutions’ Security Engineers analyze how a network is used and then design security solutions to protect it.
Firewall Installation Solutions
Nearly all firewalls are purchased with security in mind, but the manner of security is rarely defined. eScope Solutions’ Security Engineers analyze how a network is used and then design security solutions to protect it. eScope Solutions Firewall Solutions are designed on the Default Deny Principal. Default Deny is a type of firewall rule set in which the default condition of the firewall is to deny ALL connectivity – from anywhere, to anywhere. This means that the default; setting, configuration, access level, service availability is set to deny access. Access is then given on an as-needed basis for both ingress and egress traffic. Access is only granted when absolutely needed and authorized.
Firewall Management Solutions
eScope Solutions’ Managed Firewall Services ensure comprehensive and adaptive security management of perimeter firewalls utilizing the latest stateful inspection, virtual private networking and adaptive security management technologies. Our Managed Firewall Services take the burden of everyday firewall maintenance off the IT staff members, allowing them to spend their time on other equally important network issues. eScope Solutions looks at security as an on-going process, not a single event or turn-key solution. A complete information security program requires constant management to keep pace with technological change and evolving threats. eScope Solutions’ Firewall Management Services utilizes best-of- breed tools, structured processes and experienced IT Security Experts to manage industry leading firewalls. eScope Solutions performs a wide range of services for your firewall to keep your network protected.
- Expert rule changes and configuration management
- Management and deployment of firmware updates
- Address newly released vulnerabilities with firewall manufacturers’ fixes
- Reconfigure ports, disconnect ports and change configurations as needed
- Configure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections
- Configure access and security for 3rd party vendors
- Support Cisco PIX and Cisco ASA Firewall Platforms
- Facilitate all warranty and /or RMA requests
Firewall Syslog and Archiving Solutions
eScope Solutions’ Firewall Syslog Viewer and Archiving Services receives and records messages from the firewall for logging and archiving, advanced troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and assessing general network health. These services provide real-time filtering and management of Syslog messages as well as real-time alerting of critical events. With a Multi-threaded architecture these services are scalable to support any size network and can be accessed locally from eScope Solutions’ NMS Portal.
eScope Solutions’ Firewall Syslog Viewer and Archiving Services help financial institutions meet their FDIC / NCUA / FFIEC Compliance Standards for documenting and archiving Firewall Syslogs.
- View firewall logs real-time, filter logs and create reports
- Login to eScope Solutions Syslog Viewer from anywhere via secure login
- Syslog Viewer displays information and events for the last 60 days
- High Severity events are sent via e-mail and/or cell phone text message
- A monthly report of Syslog activity is delivered via CD media for archiving