Designed to streamline the process of keeping your client computers and servers’ operating system and applications up to date with the latest critical patches.
eScope’s Patch Management Services are designed to streamline the process of keeping your client computers and servers’ operating system and applications up to date with the latest critical patches. Patch Management lets administrators quickly and reliably deploy critical updates to their Windows-based servers, as well as to desktop computers running the latest Windows operating systems. Through effective patch management, eScope Solutions’ engineers keep your Windows systems up to date and secure by managing control over the retrieval, staging, approval, and installation of security and critical operating system updates.
Even when updates are synchronized to your server running Windows Software Update Services, they are not made automatically available to your client computers and servers. eScope Solutions must first approve the updates before they are made available for download. This allows our engineers to test the packages before deploying them. The administrator can manually synchronize the server with the public Windows® Update service, and can also set a schedule to have the server synchronize automatically at preset times.
Windows Software Update Services (Patch Management) builds on the features of Software Update Services (SUS) by providing the following:
- Expanded support for Microsoft products including Office, SQL Server and Exchange.
- Ability to target sets of updates to specific groups of computers.
- Patch capability for software such as Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash and Oracle Java.
- Ability to analyze the suitability of an update among computers before eScope Solutions decides to install it.
- Flexible deployment options to either set up computers to download updates from Patch management servers or directly from Microsoft Update.
- Improved reporting capabilities that enable administrators to review update status and compliance on multiple computers.